I hope it’s your cheat day because it’s National Chocolate Day. Chocolate is like a multi purpose tool. It’s an aphrodisiac, a PMS notifier, a food staple. I mean the list could go on and on. I plan on consuming as much chocolate as I can because National Chocolate Day deserves to be honored.
Happy National Chocolate Day!
Did you know the smell of chocolate is a natural calming agent?
Here are today’s five thing to know about Chocolate:
- White chocolate originates from the cocoa (cacao) plant, but it is not ‘chocolate.’
- Switzerland is one of the top countries for chocolate consumption. The Swiss consume about 22 lbs of chocolate, per person, per year.
- Most cocoa comes from West Africa.
- Allowing chocolate to melt in your mouth produces the same or even stronger reactions as passionately kissing.
- Cocoa beans were used as currency by the Mayan and Aztec cultures. Perhaps this is where they saying “Money grows on trees” came from.
Today in Food History
- 1846 (Georges-) Auguste Escoffier was born. Escoffier was called “the emperor of chefs” and “emperor of the world’s kitchens” by Emperor William II of Germany. He modernized and…
View original post 142 more words