Bacon and Shrimp Linguini Toss
-1/4 cup parsley chopped
4-5 slices of bacon sliced in 1/2 strips
2 cups shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 tsp. salt
4oz. cream cheese
8 cups broth chicken or vegetable
1 cup onions diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup bell pepper diced (red or yellow)
1 cup chopped baby Portabella mushrooms
1 8oz can diced tomatoes (garlic, basil, oregano mix)
- In a 10 inch skillet add bacon strips and brown. Once brown remove from skillet and discard excess grease leaving about 1 tsp. Add diced onions, bell pepper and mined garlic and sauté until soft and golden. Next add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add half of bacon back to the pan and add the canned tomatoes and 1/3 of the parsley.
- Add the linguini and the broth and be sure to stir the linguini as it cooks frequently to prevent sticking of noodles. Place lid on skillet and allow the noodles to cook until al dente.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink. Then add cream cheese and stir in as it melts. Top with remaining bacon and parsley.
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
Credit: Brunch and Breakfast
-1/4 cup light sour cream
1 tsp. yellow mustard
3-4 tsp. low fat milk
4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
4 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon (lox-style)
Freshly snipped chives for garnish
Smoked paprika for garnish
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine sour cream, lemon juice and mustard. Stir in enough milk to reach desired consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly grease four cups of an egg poaching pan. Place poacher cups over the pan of boiling water; reduce heat to to simmering. Slip each egg into a poacher cup. Cook, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Run a knife around edges to loosen eggs. Invert poacher cups to transfer eggs to a large pan of warm water to keep them warm.
- Layer muffin halves with smoked salmon and poached eggs. Spoon sauce over eggs and sprinkle with chives and paprika.